The Niagara IceDogs took a 2-0 series lead with a commanding 6-1 road victory over the Oshawa Generals on Friday night.
The first period saw the IceDogs open the scoring as their powerplay stayed red hot when Dougie Hamilton struck with a nice point shot that found its way by Oshawa starter Kevin Bailie for the only goal of the period. Shot were 11-9 in favour of the visitors.
Freddie Hamilton would keep things going for Niagara in the second scoring just over two minutes in to make it 2-0. Andrew Agozzino would then score the IceDogs second powerplay goal in as many chances to extend the Niagara lead to three late in the second. Jesse Graham would add a fourth before the end of the period on a great effort to send the 'Dogs into the intermission up 4-0. Shots after 40 favoured Niagara 25-15.
The IceDogs would keep rolling in the third as Steven Shipley would score the IceDogs eighth powerplay goal of the series to make it 5-0. Shipley would then strike again with just over five minutes remaining to make it an 6-0 Niagara lead. Oshawa would finally find the scoreboard late to make it an 6-1 final.
Mark Visentin was solid in the win, stopping 25 of 26 shots to help Niagara to a 2-0 series lead. The IceDogs powerplay was lethal again going 3 for 7 on the game to move to 8 for 15 in the series.
The series will now move back to Niagara for game three on Sunday night at 6pm. Things will get underway with the pregame Fan Fest once again beginning at 4pm!
1. NIAG D. Hamilton, (1) (A. Friesen, A. Agozzino), 8:01 (PP)
2. NIAG F. Hamilton, (1) (R. Strome, T. Kuhnhackl), 2:19
2. NIAG A. Agozzino, (2) (D. Hamilton, R. Strome), 14:11 (PP)
2. NIAG J. Graham, (1) (B. Ritchie, A. Friesen), 18:52
3. NIAG S. Shipley, (1) (D. Pacan, J. Graham), 3:29 (PP)
3. NIAG S. Shipley, (2) (D. Pacan), 14:42
3. OSH C. Cassels, (1) (C. Suellentrop, N. Jensen), 16:39 (SH)